Explore the historic coastlines and seaports of England and Ireland on this cruise aboard our state-of-the-art hybrid electric–powered ship MS Fridtjof Nansen.
Historic stops in England and Ireland
Sail back in time along the beautiful English and Irish coasts. We’ll start from Portsmouth, which played a key role in World War II. Then it’s on to Fowey, in Cornwall, where pirates once smuggled rum and gold along the picturesque coast. Then we head to Waterford in Ireland, founded by the Vikings in the 9th century. We’ll finish in Liverpool, a city steeped in modern culture and nostalgia.
Curiosities abound, from ancient ruins, castles, and Viking settlements to picturesque fishing villages, famous historic ships, and the vibrant modern city of Liverpool. Visit Cornwall’s rugged coastline and rocky coves, then drop in on the nearby Eden Project, which features the world’s largest enclosed tropical rainforest.
Cultural highlights, learning, and relaxation
There will also be plenty of time to relax, where you can pop into old pubs, sample cream teas in quaint harborside cafés, or stroll along sandy beaches. Our experienced Expedition Team is on hand to ensure you the best possible experience, both on board and ashore.
We make the most of our time on this short but eventful cruise aboard our brand-new expedition ship, MS Fridtjof Nansen, which features a Lecture Hall and onboard Science Center.
Day 1Portsmouth, U.K.
Setting out from historic Portsmouth
Day 2Fowey, England
Village exploration on the Cornish Riviera
Day 3Waterford, Ireland
Vikings of old Ireland
Day 4Liverpool, England
Landing in Liverpool
Available Promotions on This Itinerary:
2022 Season: Save up to $ 230Get the whole family together on one of our expedition cruises! Whether you’re gazing at a fleet of frigate birds in the Galápagos; or watching a waddle of penguins… well, waddle, past you on the Antarctic Peninsula, this is one gift that definitely won’t be returned.See Special Offer
Book with confidenceOur popular Book with Confidence policy is back, giving you the peace of mind you want for your next adventure exploring the world with us.The benefits of the policy apply to any new bookings made between 25 November 2021 and 31 March 2022, for expedition cruises departing on or before 30 September 2022.See Special Offer
Included in Your Expedition
- Expedition cruise in a cabin of your choice
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, including beverages (house beer and wine, sodas, and mineral water) in restaurants Aune and Fredheim
- Fine-dining À la carte restaurant Lindstrøm is included for suite guests
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on board. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- Complimentary reusable water bottle to fill at onboard water refill stations
- English-speaking Expedition Team who organize and guide activities, both on board and ashore
- Range of included activities
- Experts from the Expedition Team present detailed lectures on a variety of topics
- Use of the ship’s Science Center which has an extensive library and advanced biological and geological microscopes
- The Citizen Science program allows guests to contribute to current scientific research
- The onboard professional photographer will give tips and tricks for taking the best landscape and wildlife photos
- The ship has hot tubs, a sauna, an outdoor and indoor gym, and an outdoor running track
- Participate in informal gatherings with the crew, such as daily recaps and the next day’s preparations
- Complimentary wind- and water-resistant expedition jacket
- Expedition photographers help configure your camera settings
Not Included In Your Expedition
- International flights
- Travel protection
- Baggage handling
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group activities with our Expedition Team
- Optional treatments in the onboard wellness and spa area
- All planned activities are subject to weather and ice conditions
- Excursions and activities are subject to change
- Please ensure you can meet all entry and boarding requirements
- No gratuities are expected
MS Fridtjof Nansen
|Shipyard||Kleven Yards, Norway|
|Passenger capacity||528 (500 in Antarctica)|
|Gross tonnage||20 889 T|
|Length||140 m / 459 ft|
|Beam||23.6 m / 77 ft|
MS Fridtjof Nansen is the latest addition to Hurtigruten’s fleet of custom-built ships – and represents the next generation of expedition ships. She will explore some of the most spectacular corners of the globe.
Sailing with MS Fridtjof Nansen
- MS Fridtjof Nansen: Life on board and Practical information
- Experts in exploration
- Young Explorers’ Program: Bring your kids on board