Historic seaports, natural wonders, and cultural gems await as we cruise the Irish Sea, taking in four countries of the British Isles and the Isle of Man.
From Glasgow to Northern Ireland
With its splendid Victorian and Art Nouveau architecture, Glasgow is the perfect port from which to launch your expedition cruising the Irish Sea. Reaching Northern Ireland, Dunluce Castle in Portrush is one of the most scenic and romantic castles imaginable. You’ll visit the fabled Giant’s Causeway before sailing to Belfast, where you can explore the cobblestone streets of the Cathedral Quarter and witness the city’s proud shipbuilding heritage.
Viking isles and Welsh wonders
The British Isles are blessed with incredible landscapes, and the Isle of Man is no exception. The entire island is a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve. Explore its rugged coastline and uncover Celtic and Viking history. We’ll drop anchor farther south at the charming fishing village of Fishguard in Wales, where you’ll find ancient monuments and Neolithic houses.
Pop into one of the timeless institutions that form the bedrock of society in the British Isles: pubs. Find some ‘craic’ in Dublin’s cozy establishments of good cheer while sipping a pint of Guinness. Wander Dublin’s bustling streets and take in its history. Don’t miss Trinity College and Dublin Castle before sailing back to Glasgow as your final port of call.
Day 1Glasgow, Scotland
Set sail from Glasgow
Day 2Portrush (Northern Ireland)
See the Giant’s Causeway.
Day 3Belfast (Northern Ireland)
Charming capital with historic industrial links
Day 4Douglas, Isle of Man
Viking history on a Celtic isle
Day 5Fishguard, Wales
The Welsh town with a long history
Day 6Dublin, Ireland
Emerald Isle capital
Day 7Glasgow, Scotland
Return to Glasgow
Available Promotions on This Itinerary:
Save up to 10% + $500 Air CreditBook an expedition cruise aboard the world’s first hybrid electric-powered expedition ship or any of our other ships to destinations, and you’ll save up to 20% as well as receive up to a $1,000 air credit per person!See Special Offer
Kids Save up to 50%Young Explorers Save up to 50% offSee Special Offer
New SeasonLife changing experiences start here. Discover our new itineraries for 2023 and 2024.See Special Offer
Included in Your Expedition
- Expedition cruise in the cabin of your choice
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, including beverages (house beer and wine, sodas, and mineral water) in restaurant Aune
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on board. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with very limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- Complimentary reusable water bottle to fill at onboard water refill stations
- English-speaking Expedition Team who organizes and guides activities, both on board and ashore
- Range of included activities
- Experts from the Expedition Team present detailed lectures on a variety of topics
- Use of the ship’s Science Center, which has an extensive library and advanced biological and geological microscopes
- The Citizen Science program, which allows guests to contribute to current scientific research projects
- The onboard professional photographer will give tips and tricks for taking the best landscape and wildlife photos
- The ship has hot tubs, a sauna with a view, and an indoor gym
- Participate in informal gatherings with the crew, such as daily recaps and the next day’s preparations
- Escorted landings with small boats (RIBs)
- Loan of boots, trekking poles, and all equipment needed for the activities
- Complimentary wind- and water-resistant expedition jacket
- Expedition photographers help you configure your camera settings
Not Included In Your Expedition
- International flights
- Travel protection
- Baggage handling
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group activities with our Expedition Team
- All planned activities are subject to weather and ice conditions
- Excursions and activities are subject to change
- Please ensure you can meet all entry and boarding requirements
- No gratuities are expected
|Year of refurbishment||2016|
|Shipyard||Estaleiro Navais de Viana do Castelo (POR)|
MS Spitsbergen will take you on a cruise beyond the ordinary. She cruises along the Norwegian coast from September to May and becomes part of our Global Expedition sailings the rest of the year.