Experience the majesty of this epic wilderness, from stunning scenery and rich culture to iconic wildlife.
Your adventure begins with a scenic drive from Anchorage (Alaska’s largest city) to Seward, you’ll view orphaned and rehabilitating wildlife at the conservation center. From there, we’ll sail into Prince William Sound, exploring College Fjord and Icy Bay, where you’ll see spectacular glaciers and have the chance to spot wildlife such as humpback whales, Bald Eagles, and otters.
Then, we’ll drop anchor at William Henry Bay, an old copper and gold mining site. Keep an eye out for deer while you’re hiking through the forest with local guides. Next up is the creative hub of Haines. Learn about the town’s Chilkat Tlingit roots in the museum and browse the many galleries and boutiques.
Southeast Inside Passage
Crossing Holkham Bay, you’ll be treated to magnificent views of either the Tracy or Endicott Arm, two pristine fjords with waters so calm they look like a mirror. Weather and ice conditions permitting, you may be able to explore the fjords in a kayak as part of an optional excursion.
Your journey continues in Sitka, a town with a blended culture with both Russian and Tlingit influences From there, you can learn about ‘Little Norway’ in Petersburg and marvel at the impressive totem poles in Wrangell and Alert Bay. The bustling city of Vancouver marks the end of your cruise.
Alaska’s Largest City
Day 2Seward, Alaska
Alaskan scenery and wildlife.
Day 3College Fjord
Ivy League Glaciers
Alaska’s Little Secret
Day 5Icy Bay
Day 6William Henry Bay, Alaska
Day 7Haines, Alaska
Art in the Wilderness
Day 8Tracy / Endicott Arm Fjords, Alaska
Rainforests to Glaciers
Day 9Sitka, Alaska
Sitka, Blended Cultures
Day 10Petersburg, Alaska
Little Norway in Alaska
Day 11Wrangell, Alaska
Soul of Alaska
Day 12Misty Fjords National Monument
Day 13B.C. Inside Passage
Cruising the Canadian Inside Passage
Day 14Alert Bay, British Colombia
First Nations, Keepers of the Inside Passage
Available Promotions on This Itinerary:
2023-2024 Season: Save up to 25%Don't wait, plan your next adventure with savings up to 30% off select 2023 and 2024 sailings. Life changing experiences start here, discover our new itineraries today!See Special Offer
New SeasonLife changing experiences start here. Discover our new itineraries for 2023 and 2024.See Special Offer
Included in Your Expedition
- One night in Anchorage, including breakfast, at the start of the expedition cruise
- Transfer from the hotel in Anchorage to Seward, with a stop at the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center, including conservation center admission fee, an English-speaking guide, and a packed lunch.
- Expedition cruise in the cabin of your choice
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, including beverages (house beer and wine, sodas, and mineral water) in restaurants Aune and Fredheim
- Fine-dining in À la carte restaurant Lindstrøm is included for suite guests
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on board. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- Complimentary reusable water bottle to fill at onboard water refill stations
- English-speaking Expedition Team who organize and guide activities, both on board and ashore
- Range of included excursions
- Experts from the Expedition Team present detailed lectures on a variety of topics
- Use of the ship’s Science Center, which has an extensive library and advanced biological and geological microscopes
- The Citizen Science program, which allows guests to contribute to current scientific research projects
- The onboard professional photographer will give tips and tricks for taking the best landscape and wildlife photos
- The ship has hot tubs, an infinity pool, a sauna, an outdoor and indoor gym, and an outdoor running track
- Participate in informal gatherings with the crew, such as daily recaps and the next day’s preparations
- Escorted landings with small boats (RIBs)
- Loan of boots, trekking poles, and all equipment needed for the activities
- Complimentary wind- and water-resistant expedition jacket
- Expedition photographers help you configure your camera settings
Not Included In Your Expedition
- International flights
- Travel protection
- Baggage handling
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group activities with our Expedition Team
- Optional treatments in the onboard wellness and spa area
- All planned activities are subject to weather conditions
- Excursions and activities are subject to change
- Please check visa requirements for the U.S. and Canada
- No gratuities are expected
MS Roald Amundsen
|Passenger capacity||528 (500 in Antarctica)|
|Gross tonnage||20 889 T|
In 2019, Hurtigruten added a brand new ship to its fleet: the MS Roald Amundsen. The state of the art vessel features new and environmentally sustainable hybrid technology that will reduce fuel consumption and show the world that hybrid propulsion on large ships is possible.