What’s your fondest memory from a Hurtigruten voyage?
Sailing from Hammerfest to Tromsø, on the Norwegian coast in April: clear blue skies, blue water, white, snow-clad mountains. Going through the Lyngen fjord, followed by a fantastic sunset.
What’s your favourite spot for taking in nature aboard a Hurtigruten vessel?
Definitely from the deck, in any weather and any time of the year. You really feel alive: the light, the weather, the smells, that feeling of being out on an adventure.
What’s the most important lesson you’ve learned from travelling?
Meeting and understanding the local people is the most important part of any travel experience.
If you could depart tomorrow, what would be your ideal adventure?
Sailing around Svalbard in my own sailboat.
- MBA, Norwegian School of Economics
- Commercial Director Norwegian Air Shuttle ASA
- Director of route and revenue management Norwegian
- Director of ground services in Norwegian
- Officer Norwegian Armed Forces
- Chairman of Spitsbergen Travel AS
- Board experience from several companies in finance, tourism and transportation