Bring your kids on board Hurtigruten with our Young Explorers Program
On sailings along the Norwegian coast, kids aged 7-13 can partake in our complimentary Young Explorers Program. It is designed for children travelling with adults to magnificent destinations where the focus is on education, fun, and participation.
Bring your young explorers on board!
To match the needs of our younger guests (and parents), we have started a Young Explorers Programme to make sure no one is bored on board our ships. We have already implemented the programme for sailings with MS Midnatsol to Antarctica, and from April 1st 2017 you can also let the kids explore the Norwegian coast in a way that's both entertaining and educational.
Participating in the Young Explorers Programme is free of charge for all kids on board, and will be available on our Norwegian coastal sailings with MS Finnmarken, MS Midnatsol and MS Trollfjord.
What's in it for the kids?
On these journeys the kids will stay active and curious, get a deeper understanding of nature, climate and culture, and be introduced to topics related to wildlife, local food, environmental protection and famous explorers.
A dedicated host will plan and organise all the activities which focus on fun and eco-friendly learning, tailor-made to trigger their sense of adventure. The hosts will arrange daily activities for the young explorers on board, and they speak both Norwegian, English and German.
The Young Explorers Programme offers the following:
- Daily on board activities related to different topics
- Environmental actions and excursions like beach clean-ups in cooperation with Hurtigruten Foundation (a minimum of one excursion per roundtrip)
- The kids will get a Young Explorer Package consisting of a t-shirt and logbook at the beginning of the voyage. In the logbook they can note observations and learnings they make during the day (wildlife, attractions and so on)
- Every day we have an Explorer Meeting where we talk more about the day's topic. The kids also get a stamp in the logbook based on activities they have been involved in
- A Young Explorer Kit will be for sale
- Advice on child-friendly attractions on land such as Pirbadet, Vitensenteret and the Hurtigruten Museum
This programme truly gives the kids a sense of what it is like to be a real explorer in beautiful and untouched surroundings!
PS: The Young Explorers Programme is available on all sailings with Hurtigruten along the Norwegian coast, even if you're just on board for one day (note: a minimum of one night on board is required to receive the Young Explorer Package).